The Modelling module enables multiple ‘what-if’ scenarios to be created and their short to medium term impact tested, enabling an evidence-based approach to investment decisions and work programming.
Modelling is one of the modules in the Strategic part of the Atrium Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software suite. You can model any number of ‘what-if’ scenarios, based on your organisation’s business needs, policies and budgets. When planning scenarios, the system has the flexibility to enable you to take a top-down approach (apply a strategy to create a programme of work across the estate) or bottom-up approach (build up a set of work programmes to create a strategy), or any combination of the two.
The outputs from the Modelling module can be presented in on-screen dashboards, spreadsheets, adhoc, user-defined reports, more highly formatted reports using our Advanced Report facility, or third party report writers. Experience shows that this modelling approach can achieve significant efficiencies and cost savings, particularly by integrating work items into coherent and co-ordinated work packages, as facilitated by the Programming module.
Generate multiple 'what-if' investment scenarios, based on business drivers, policies and budgets, to test short/medium term impacts.
- Makes evidence based investment decisions
- Realises significant savings by rationalising multiple work programmes
- Applies a risk-based approach to prioritise work according to criticality
The Atrium EAM Modelling module has two main areas of functionality:
- Scenario Modelling - allows you to create and test multiple 'what-if' scenarios for capital and planned works. It demonstrates the impact of each scenario on performance, budgets and existing programmes and plans. The system’s Scenario Modelling capability enables both bottom-up and top-down modelling to be undertaken.
Bottom-up modelling enables the user to manually select one or more actions to be undertaken. Filters can be used to assist in item selection, such as filtering by priority of work, asset or attribute. All actions selected collectively make up the scenario, enabling details of cost, the impact on asset condition and life expectancy, etc to be analysed.
Top-down modelling with the system automatically identifying and costing the work items required to best meet the investment policies your organisation wishes to explore. It utilises client configurable plan type / policy related investment rules based on your organisation’s policies and available budget. The system can then automatically infer the actions that should be selected under that scenario. The effect of top-down modelling can then be further tailored using bottom-up modelling.
- Plan Types / Policies - are applied to an asset or group of assets to enable top-down modelling, You can create as many forms of plan type / policies as required, and each can consist of rule sets that can be fully configured within the system. The scenario can be linked back to the Performance module with real time updates showing the impact of these policies and investment options on the asset portfolio using the KPIs important to your organisation. The module includes powerful filter options which enable you to look at any aspect of the scenario or group of scenarios, for example, the cost of implementing all the compliancerelated actions or all the actions on a particular asset type.
This is a summary - if you'd like more information please contact us