Visitor management is cited as one of the most vital areas of any organization. Their perception of that organization can be enhanced or tarnished based upon their experience at the front of the house. The room booking system must allow for the prompt and efficient processing of visitors, so that receptionists can spend more time welcoming guests. Ensuring an optimum client experience is important in meeting the visitor’s expectations.
Trimble's Manhattan Space Scheduling provides full visitor management, with full visitor tracking to arrive and depart guests. There is also the ability to print badges with photographs of the visitor. Images can be stored both for repeat visits and to allow receptionists to recognize important visitors when they arrive and greet them by name. As everyone knows, first impressions count.
When Space Scheduling is combined with mobile tablet devices, front of house staff can easily arrive and depart guests as they enter and leave the building, as well as update the status of a meeting room to ‘In Progress’ or ‘No Show’ when patrolling the meeting room floor. This is one step towards enabling ‘mobile receptionists’ who have access to some features on the move, to support receptionists based behind desks.
- Visually see whether a meeting room is Free or Booked
- Identify when a meeting room is next Free
- Book a vacant room ‘on the fly’ directly through the touch screen panel
- View all meetings booked for the day for a room, including the Host or PA of meetings, including their extension numbers
- Check in and out of pre-booked meetings with a touch of the screen, dynamically updating the status of the meeting
- Use electronic ID cards to check into rooms, book and extend/end meetings